I think this world is a virtual reality game programmed by the ultimate programmer God.
It is running on auto mode now. From time to time, God manually overrides the program. He amends it and rewrites or deletes a part of the program.
This world is a virtual reality because, the universe is so perfect and in harmony, unbelievable. Right amount of gravitational force, the sun at the right distance from the earth. Living beings go through the cycle of birth, growth, decay and death. Everything is recycled and reused. The food chain keeps some control on the population of lower animals. Humans are on the top of the food chain, hence they destroy themselves by war etc.
The past is gone, the future is unknown, the flimsy present is all the time slipping into the past. All that remains is the memory. Memory is also gone when we die.
Life is like a dream and on death we wake up to our real world. We are like Avatars of our real self, the individual soul at home.
If the world goes on as the way it is going now, God may have to delete the Human bit or the Earth program as a whole!
The soul is the engine fitted to the body like a car. We are each like a car, driven by the mind, the driver. The driver (mind) decides which direction it will go. The body and the engine need maintenance. For the body, it is the Healthy lifestyle. For the driver mind needs to learn yoga (to gain control over the sense perceptions, as normally uncontrolled mind will be pulled by the senses to five different directions - sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.)
The program is running on auto mode now. Dinosaur like creatures were created in the early part which probably were creating havoc so that God had to delete that part of the program!
Our actions (karma) leads to reactions which designs our future individually as well as collectively. Collective bad karma by most of us may lead to our own destruction. Eg, there is enough nuclear bombs in the world which can destroy this earth many times over!!
So, let us try to do the good karma (less jealousy, greed and running after material happiness, look after the environment etc. Then again, after a while, this world will also have to come to an end - nothing lasts for ever.
I am the Atma (Soul), I reside in my material Body. Atma is a minute particle of Paramatma.
For Atma there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeaval. He is not slain when the body is slain.
As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.
Atma resides in the body. It leaves the body (Death) when it is no longer habitable for me (Atma) eg old age, diseased, damaged etc. The material body dies, not the Atma. It is eternal.
The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor dried by the wind.
This is why the wise people lament neither for the living, nor for the dead.
Human life is mainly filled with suffering. We can reduce the suffering by controlling our senses, mind and craving.
We can get out of the cycle of rebirth by attaining Liberation (Moksha).
With each life we should try to improve ourselves spiritually to reach Moksha.
I have always felt that I am different from my body and someone (God) controls my life.
The feeling appears to be true as I read Srimad Bhagavad Gita (in English and Bengali as I know very little Sanskrit).
Srimad Bhagavad Gita is an excellent book on Metaphysics.
Following are the important tips to be in good health and expect a long healthy life:
1. Regular exercise - this can prevent a number of diseases like heart disease, diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, some cancers, dementia etc. It helps lose weight as well. Exercise at least 5 times a week for 30 mins a day. Try to stay active if you cannot exercise, for some reason.
2. Healthy diet - Low fat, low sugar, low salt, high fibre diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables. Cut down on animal protein.
3. Stop smoking - smoking damages lungs, heart and the vascular system, thereby affecting all the organs. It increases risk of some cancers.
4. Attain health - if you are unhealthy, eg obese, diabetic etc, you need to attain health by controllong them.
5. Maintain health- by adopting a healthy lifestyle and continuing measures to combat the diseases and conditions you suffer from.
6. Enhance health- try to boost your immunity. Take supplemental vitamins, minerals if necessary.
7. Attend regular check-ups at your doctor's surgery including routine ones. Routine check-ups can detect some diseases early so that it is easier to manage.
8. Do not take antibiotics unnecessarily. Let your immune system deal with it. Antibiotics are useless in viral infections like cold and flu. Antibiotics kill good bacteria too.
9. Multivitamin with iron tablet - take 1 a day if you are over 50, your diet is inadequate eg you are on a weight loss diet, low fat diet. diabetic diet etc.
10. Stop worrying - it does not help. Worrying erodes health. Instead of worrying about a problem, try to do something about it if you can.
Another unofficial tip is to visit a health site with reliable health information eg Health ideas at www.ideaas.eu
This is particularly useful for those whose google adsense account has been disabled for whatever reason.
You can turn your advertising space into cash!
Simply display the BidVertiser ads on your website or blog. It is very easy to do. Just copy/paste the html ad code on to your webpage given to you by BidVertiser. The relevant ads are displayed almost instantly.
Your only job will be to promote your website to increase the number of visitors, thereby increasing the chance of clicks to the ads displayed on your site.
BidVertiser now pays extra revenue for conversions.
You make money from both clicks and conversions
You get paid for every visitor that clicks on an ad, and an extra revenue if the click turns into conversion.
They pay monthly, either by check, wire or instantly through PayPal with a minimum of only $10.